JOB DESCRIPTION: ELECTRICAL CONTROLS ENGINEER
Sentry Equipment & Erectors, Inc. is a North American based full service provider of conveyor equipment and related container handling machinery. Located in Central Virginia, Sentry employs approximately 200 people that specialize in integrating packaging equipment and conveying systems into cost-effective and efficient plant designs.
Sentry, an employee-owned ESOP company, remains among the leaders in the business by offering a full service solution from idea to implementation. Sentry designs, manufactures and installs everything from complete packaging systems to individual components.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Create PLC and HMI programs utilizing Rockwell Software/Allen-Bradley/Siemens products, startup and debug of controls for high speed conveyor systems in the field.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare software programs for custom conveying and automation systems.
- Prepare PLC and operator interface programs.
- Working understanding of schematic wiring diagrams, PLC I/O, connection diagrams, and field drawings for design work.
- Perform functional checks, troubleshoot, start-up of control systems throughout the U.S. (approx. 60% travel required)
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with AC and DC systems including Variable Frequency Drives
- Current, hands-on knowledge for developing and programming PLC programs preferably Allen Bradley Control Logix, PLC and SLC, and use of Ethernet. Knowledge of Siemens controls systems are a plus.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of Operator interface programs preferably Allen Bradley Factory Talk View and RS View.
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- High level of analytical ability to effectively evaluate, verify and/or select alternate design approaches